Whether you are coming in do discuss a Georgia divorce, a child custody or visitation dispute, or a child support matter, there are things that you can do to prepare to make your consultation more helpful and productive.
Now that you are ready to make an appointment for your consultation, it is important to know what kind of information your legal representative will need from you. The following is a list of things that will be beneficial to bring to your consultation:
- Full legal name(s) and birth date(s) of your spouse and children if you have them
- The date and location of marriage
- Annual income of you and your spouse and any information regarding changes in income
- Any marital property, the estimated value of the property, and any loans against the property
- Any debts owed by you and/or your spouse
- Any marriage, separation, or divorce agreements between you and your spouse
- If you have children with your spouse, any social security benefits received for the children, health insurance premiums, any other insurance premiums or coverage
- The costs and frequency of childcare expenses, any extraordinary educational, healthcare, or extracurricular activities
- Copies of the last three years of federal and state income tax returns of you and your spouse
- Any alleged criminal conduct or abusive behavior which has resulted in law enforcement or court intervention
- Any allegations of fault if applicable
- Copies of any filed documents from any prior case involving these issues or these parties
- A written list of questions for your attorney
If you are a woman who took the last name of your husband, think about whether you would like to keep your name or revert to your maiden name.
We look forward to meeting with you, hearing your story, and answering any questions you have.